When setting up a basement bar there are some must have items you must have around or your basement bar wont really be a bar but just a basement pretending to be. Of course, there are some extras like a jukebox and pool table that will really set the bar off. However, consider the following 5 must haves in order to set up your very own basement bar to enjoy a night with your friends, parties, game days and then add the extras when you can afford to.
- A Basement This might seem obvious, but to have the best basement bar ever you really need a traditional basement. There are many benefits to this that include being on a completely different level than the rest of the house so noise wont be transmitted and bother those above you. Of course, you can make a basement bar in whatever space you call the basement, but a true basement bar needs a basement.
- A Bar Ok, obvious requirement number two is a bar. A basement bar needs a bar that is set up to serve beer and give the appearance that your basement bar is really authentic. You can buy a ready made bar, hire a carpenter to build you one, or give it a go yourself by buying the lumber and downloading step by step instructions from the Internet. As long as you have a basement and a bar your basement bar just needs some accessories.
- A Kegerator A kegeraotr is a refrigerated keg that will keep your beer cold at all times and be ready to serve anytime the basement bar is open. You dont want to have to buy six packs and litter your bar with bottled beer when you can serve beer straight from the keg. Keg beer is special and will make your basement bar even more so.
- A Big TV No, you dont have to have the biggest screen television on the market, but it will help. Buy the largest screen television you can afford for your basement bar, or one that fits the space well if your basement is really small. This will allow for great game watching like the Superbowl, Basketball National Championship, and other great games.
- Seating This might seem generic, but it really is a must have for your basement bar. If your friends are joining you for a night of poker or Monday night Football they need a place to sit back and relax while drinking some of your keg beer. So, be sure to have some bar stools around the bar as well as comfy couches and chairs surrounding the TV, with your poker table nearby so there is plenty of seating wherever the action is taking place.